Alcohol Recovery Scotland is the first organisation to bring a tried and tested program to Scotland having been very successful in treating alcohol use disorder throughout Europe and America called the ‘The Sinclair Method’.
We accept referrals from both men and women over the age of 18 from individuals, family members, GP’s and professionals. All we ask is that the client has the motivation and desire to work our specific programme.
What is the Sinclair Method?
The Sinclair method is an evidence-based medication-assisted treatment for alcohol use disorder. This is based on Doctor David J Sinclair’s 20 years of research based around the drug Naltrexone. It is a process called pharmacological extinction backed up by intensive counselling and support. To date, there have been 120 clinical trials showing a result of 78 percent success for those who are compliant with the Sinclair Method programme. (Around 40 percent are totally abstinent with others bringing their drinking down to the safe NHS drinking level and maintaining it).
- Face to face assessment with the client and a dedicated responsible adult.
- Medical assessment by our specialist Doctor.
- Naltrexone prescription issued by Doctor.
- Personal 6-month programme agreed with the client.
- Weekly alcohol diary sent to ARS.
- Compliance with the programme required for further prescriptions from our Doctor.
- Regular contact between client and an ARS keyworker
Claudia Christian’s Ted Talk
We have made some information videos to give an overall view of what The Sinclair Method is and why we think it is very effective with a 78% success rate.
Check out some of the testimonials from our clients here.